With my 3 year anniversary of living in LA coming up, I wanted to share my Resource List with you guys.
Before I moved to LA, I started making this list - headshot photographers, acting schools, managers, everything - (I think I still have the original list somewhere). My aunt bought me the "Acting is Everything" book from 2000. The gesture was really sweet, but by that point the book was 14 years old and super out dated.
But it gave me the framework for what to look for when making my own list.... so without further ado I give you the.......
-Aquila Morong Studio - Deborah Aquila Advanced Scene Study
Auditioning & Business Side
-Lesly Kahn & Co
- Brian Reise
-Lesly Kahn & Co
-Annie Grindlay Studio
Other Studios to Check Out
- Warner Loughlin Studio
- Anthony Mindel
- Ivana Chubbuck
- iO West
Melrose Headshots ($99 Sale)
Theo & Juliet
Books To Read
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Making it in Hollywood by Scott Sedita
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron
- The Power of the Actor by Ivanna Chubbuck
- 8 Characters of Comedy by Scott Sedita
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Where to Look for Apartments
- Zillow - apartment rentals
- Craigslist LA (if you dig)
- Yogaworks - 1st Week Free
- CorePower Yoga - 1st Week Free
- Sweat Shoppe - heated spin - 1st class $10
- Basecamp Fitness - Free First Class
- Off Camera with Sam Jones
- Ultimate Health Podcast
- Secret History of Hollywood
Is there something I didn't cover here that you would like to know? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Oh hey there
Thank you for stopping by. My name is Ansley and I am a creative being. With not much to show for it. Feel the same?! Welcome! For all of you artists out there who are just hanging in there - this is for you!